Rooms for Your Daybed
Daybeds have a wide range when it comes to style, so they can make a great addition to any room in your house.
• Office: Leather black daybeds can be nice additions in a home office. They provide a place for visitors or clients to sit comfortably during a meeting and for you to rest during any downtime.
• Bedroom: Place a daybed in a child’s bedroom and have it stand as a functional piece where you can nap with your newborn or supervise during playtime. A daybed with a trundle is ideal for sleepovers. Just roll out the trundle from the bottom of the bed and friends and family members will have a cozy place to slumber.
• Living Room: Add a daybed couch to your living room and benefit from additional sleeping options if you regularly host family and friends. If you have the space in your living room, a daybed will stand out beautifully in natural light and provide extra seating.
Wood and metal are the most common types of daybeds. The combination of wood and metal on a daybed can make an attractive piece of furniture in any room. Wicker and upholstered leather are also other options.
• Wood: Wood daybeds can be light, dark or painted. With a host of wood types available, you should have no trouble finding the right one to match your décor.
• Metals: Popular daybed metals include chrome, silver, brass and iron. All provide durability and support. Cushions on top of metal daybeds will add an extra layer of comfort and style as well as prevent possible injuries.
Additional factors to keep in mind before purchasing a daybed include:
• Daybeds commonly come in twin, full and queen sizes. Twin daybeds offer comfortable depth, whether you are sitting or lying.
• Consider a fitted mattress cover if your daybed will be used primarily for lounging. This will guarantee a snug and tidy look.
• Review daybed styles and determine which one best suits your target living space. Victorian, sleigh and mission styles each contribute a unique appeal.
• A popup trundle can be a standout feature for a daybed, as it can lift to equal the height of the bed. Some trundles can even attach to the mattress to create a full-size daybed.
Cozy up in or on a comfortable daybed. This piece of furniture will complement the decor and ambiance of any room in your house.